Protecting the Rights of Injured Workers Since 1948
Do you need to know how to file a workers' compensation claim? Have you already filed your claim and are involved in a weekly benefits dispute or a dispute over your medical treatment? Presbrey & Associates can help you get what you are entitled to by law. We know the law because our attorneys have been involved with workers' compensation legislation, as well as the creation of the most recent edition of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Guidebook.
Comprehensive Workers' Compensation Representation
We can assist with any question or issue you have about Illinois workers' comp and your rights. We can address choice of doctors, medical care and return to work, inability to secure medication, light duty restrictions, weekly benefits (sometimes referred to as temporary total disability benefits or TTD benefits) and negotiation of settlements. We address disputed workers' compensation claims and nonpayment of benefits.
What You Can Do Now to Protect Your Rights
We recommend keeping a diary of the events surrounding your work comp claim. Keep records of all relevant information, including:
- Date the incident occurred
- Names and addresses of everyone who witnessed the incident
- Name of the foreman or supervisor to whom the incident was reported
- Name of the union official or fellow employee who witnessed the incident report
- Information on all chemicals or equipment that played a role in the incident
- Names and addresses of all places where medical treatment occurred
- Number of days missed from work as a result of the incident
- A copy of the doctor's excuse from work
Accurate information can prove critical in resolving disputes efficiently and effectively.
Other remedies may be available beyond workers' compensation. If the injury or illness was the result of a third party such as a property owner or the manufacturer of defective work equipment, a personal injury claim may be filed. This may lead to additional compensation for the pain and suffering caused by the incident, as well as compensation for economic loss and loss of consortium.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation With a Joliet Work Injury Lawyer
Do you want to learn about your options from an experienced Naperville workers' compensation lawyer? Call us at 800-799-1966 or send us an e-mail today.